Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I'm Back, Bitches!!!!

Image result for I'm back bitches animated gif



So sorry for the unforgivable delay. And I know you probably don't want to hear my excuses, but I feel the need to purge so you're stuck with it.

When last I left you I had just received an eviction notice, I believe. Well, I have since vacated my apartment and am staying at my son's until I get a new place. We put my computer in storage and I flat out refuse to try to put this out on my phone. 


When I eat the last delicious chip.

Then, a little over two weeks ago I was reading something on my phone and because I need bifocals and my old glasses were REALLY old, and consequently, WAY off of being the correct prescription for me, I usually ended up taking them off to read close up because my arms just aren't long enough to read small print with my glasses on. So I laid them on the couch beside me and one of my son's dogs ate them.





Well, a week into it, my son took the lenses from my old glasses and put them into a pair of $6.00 reading glasses frames he bought me so I could see well enough to at least get my daughter to school and my new, much stronger prescription bearing glasses arrived last Thursday.

I CAN SEE AGAIN, and I just have to say. . .

Image result for you look marvelous animated gif

So I'm back and I have three stories that I think you will really like.


The first story I have is called Resurfacing by NewTwilightFan. It is complete.

The body of the story is told exclusively in Bella's POV and I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it's kind of depressing, but it's a great story.

Bella and Edward are both fresh off of bad break-ups when they set up profiles on a dating website. Bella weeds through a few losers before she finally gets a lovely message from Edward. Since they live in different cities, they start communicating and getting to know each other via the emails they send each other, then graduate to instant messaging, phone calls and texting.

They graduate to phone sex and the relationship kind of stalls there for around three years before Bella finally decides that she can't continue with the relationship because it's going absolutely nowhere. Just as she's come to this decision, Edward gets word that he's been promoted to head up a branch of his company's company in Bella's city. He begs her to not end the relationship and fights to keep her in his life. He tells her he's moving and gives her his new phone number. She realizes he's living there now and they have a chance.

The story is extremely well-written with very few grammatical errors, very few fic clich
és, and I enjoyed it very much.
Image result for banner picture for resurfacing by NewTwilightFan

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10132963/1/ResurfacingBella is anxious to finally meet the object of her desire: handsome, wealthy, enigmatic Edward Cullen. After almost three years of talking and teasing via e-mail, text and phone calls, is she truly ready for something real?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next story I have for you is a very new WIP that, I am not kidding here, I got goosebumps from reading the prologue. I have been leaping on EVERY update since I discovered what looks to be a nicely different AU retelling of the Twilight story.

It's called Saudade and I'm totally enamored with it. There are only a total of three chapters posted, so it's quite new, and updates weekly.

The prologue gave me goosebumps, the first chapter continued them and the second just kept the good feelings coming. The author is Violet Bliss and I look forward to where this new version of Twilight goes. I can't wait to see what happens. I can't get the provided banner picture to work for me so here's a picture that's kind of like it.

Image result for edward and bella pics


https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12326133/2/Saudade

Unhappy with her monotonous and seemingly aimless life, 24 year-old Bella Swan sends a wish up into the universe for more. It answers, leading her back to Forks, for a chance to fulfil the destiny always planned for her. But will the reluctant, handsome and butterscotch-eyed Dr Edward Cullen let her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The third story I have for you this week is called Where I Belong by bnpwrites. It is all human and Edward is a rock star from what I can gather, however, I get the impression that he's trying to get into acting from all the 'shooting' the guy has to do.

This story is also a WIP, though it's a bit further along than the previous story I mentioned. The author writes well and I'm enjoying our PMs back and forth when I review chapters. She's pretty cool.

In the A/N from the first chapter, the author states that she doesn't promise a happily ever after, but I'm down for this ride. I am in love with this Bella and Edward, so far. They are playful and their banter is hilarious.

Edward has his demons, of course. What self-respecting RockStarWard doesn't? Or, should I say demon? Because, everything else kind of stems from his relationship with his dad. His dad is a major asshole, based on the behavior displayed by him thus far in the fic.

Alice is Edward's sister/manager, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have our boy's best interests at heart here. I'm pretty sure she's the one who leaked photos of Edward with Bella at his father's retirement party to the press so I've got my eye on her.


Anyway, I'm really enjoying this story and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Unfortunately, I can't get the banner on the story in ffn to work for me so here's another picture of Edward and Bella that I like.

Image result for edward and bella images

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12219270/1/Where-I-Belong

Bella Swan never expected superstar Edward Cullen to wander into Walgreen's and she never expected him to change her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for this week, folks. I've gotta run pick up my daughter from school. We're supposed to get some snow tonight and tomorrow so traffic is gonna be sucktastic if it starts while I'm doing this.



I'm about to willingly go to a parking lot filled with teenage drivers in what could be a fairly substantial snowfall. How do I feel about that?




Have a great week. I am outta here!

13 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you got your glasses and can see again. :D
    Thanks for the fanfic recs, love discovering new fics and from authors I haven't heard.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad I could give you stories you haven't read yet.:-)

      Delete
  2. Good lord, talk about a roller coaster of a ride, you have really had your ups and downs. :) Thanks for the referrals. I will check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading this. I hope you enjoy my picks for this week.

      Delete
  3. So glad you're back up and writing the blog again! Great recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, ma'am. I really appreciate your stepping in for me on the last post. :-)

      Delete
    2. Of course! Any way I can help out.

      Delete
  4. I'm reading both and I really like them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, read Resurfacing......excellent story!!!!! Five stars. Also loved her story Monolith. Now looking at her other works. Thanks for expanding my library. Hope you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I saw it in a thread in one of the groups and thought I would check it out and really liked it so put it in the blog this week. :)

      Delete