Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hey, guys, it's Lara. AKA MeteorOnAMoonlessNight.

BeLynda is legally blind, did you know that? Yet, she loves her authors and her Fandom so much that she helps all of us anyway. Last week, her son's dog ate her glasses. I know how bad it is when I'm without glasses, but can you imagine how it is for her? She can only see, no lie, two inches in front of her without her super powered glasses. So I'm writing a post because she's been out of commission. I know she hates to leave any of us hanging, but it might be February before her new glasses come in and she can post again. I'm proud to call her my super beta, and my friend.

Since I'm filling in for the inestimable Ms. B, I have gone out of my way (not really) to scour the internet (my faves list) for a whopping FOUR stories. You're welcome, America.

P.S. I know I'm not as funny as she is. My apologies.


Mating Deviation by Fyrebyrd

This completed fic was on my to-be-read list, and I have been eagerly diving in. On a spaceship hurtling towards their new home planet Alterna, Edward is next in line to be Commander. As the mating ceremony nears, Bella realizes there's an error in the system that matches random people with each other. She manages to convince Edward she's right, despite every other person of authority telling her she's treasonous. She stops Tanya and Edward from being mated, and for the first time in a millennia, the people are allowed to choose their own mates. And guess who Edward has chosen?

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11897593/7/Mating-Deviation


The Last House on Blackberry Lane by shouldbecleaning

This new wip has all the mystery. I haven't got a clue where it's going, except that it's going well. Set in the 1920’s, an ill Edward goes to stay with his Aunt and Uncle in New England. The house next door catches his attention as he stares out the window. Decrepit and appearing abandoned, it is in fact the home of Justice Swan, who offers Edward a position as a judicial clerk. In his home. Updates every other day.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12301913/1/The-Last-House-on-Blackberry-Lane


Caribbean Dreams by Sukiethree

This was a one-shot for the P.S. I Love You contest. Sukiethree is a new author, and I think she's got a gem here. Bella lives in Montego Bay, running a bar and restaurant. When she sees a mysterious stranger sitting outside every day, she becomes intrigued. When the cutie starts coming in for lunch, they hit it off and become friends. They have a date on her day off, and things get steamy.
Then he disappears for days, and Bella finally goes to his place to find out if the connection she felt was all on her side. Only she finds Edward gone and his place trashed, and the next thing Bella knows she's being followed. I'm so excited to see where this is going and what happened to Edward. Updates on Fridays.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12312115/1/Carribean-Dreams


What's Love? by Alyscia

Another new author with her first fic, What's Love is only on STARS library. Bella is a hard hearted con artist, 4 times divorced. As things unravel for her in New York, she makes the decision to go back to Forks to start over, moving in with her foster brother Jasper. Flashbacks reveal that this genius has had a tough childhood with both of her parents dying, leading to a disaster of a foster home. She's really just trying to survive in a cruel world. This one comes with a serious angst warning. Updates on Thursdays.

http://www.starslibrary.net/viewstory.php?sid=11740&textsize=0&chapter=1

6 comments:

  1. Lara, thank you for making a blog post for me. I appreciate you so much! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lara, and great pics ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful!!!! It must be hard to be without glass. I hope she gets them earlier than expected.
    Lara, you did a good job. So many interesting stories that I look forward to reading.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete