Tuesday, December 27, 2016

It's the Last Week of the Worst Year Ever!!!

And all I can say is, thank goodness for that! It really has been the worst year, ever. Celebrity deaths (Glenn Frey, Prince and George Michael, I will always mourn you), Cheeto Hitler being elected, my ex-boyfriend/kids' dad dying in June along with the parting gift he left us which lead to an eviction notice for Christmas. And now Princess Leia. . . I'm just so over this year.

Image result for eviction notice animated gif

I would say 2017 can't be any worse, but I don't want the universe, or fate, or whatever the fuck to take that as a challenge.

Challenge Accepted GIF - Barney Stinson Himym GIFs

I honestly don't see how next year could get worse, but if you think you can top 2016, I say you can give it a shot. You didn't kill me yet.

music pop kelly clarkson stronger

So, you should really brace yourselves, this is a long one and I am dropping a bit of a bomb. 

Image result for bomb explosion gif

Anyway, y'all, the lovely and talented Bronwyn Goulding of the Mafiaward Twilight Fanfiction group on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=mafiaward%20twilight%20fanfiction - has agreed to provide our guest reviews this week. Let's all give the little lady a round of applause, shall we?

Image result for round of applause animated gif


But before I turn Bronwyn loose on you all, I want to address something that happened in a different Facebook group last week. Someone asked which fic a certain event happened in and I replied with the name of the fic, as did a few other people. Later on in the thread, I commented that I wanted to read the fic again even though I didn't think it was that great the first time I read it.

A well-known fan fiction author then took to her personal page and implied on her status update that I was being disrespectful about the Lolashoes trilogy, even though I said exactly what I said in the paragraph above. No, I expressed an opinion which differed from yours, but I was in no way disrespectful. Had I wanted to disrespect the fic in question, I would have said it was the worst thing I ever read, and even if I had a printed out copy I wouldn't wipe my ass with it as it would be an insult to shit and that the author's kids were ugly.

I then went on to ask said well-known author to show me where I was being disrespectful when I had in fact seen her be disrespectful on her page a number of times over the years. Disrespectful to other authors, and disrespectful to reviewers, especially guest reviewers. I was informed that guest reviewers were fair game. I take that to mean even the nice, respectful guest reviews because I've seen her run those through the shredder of her gigantic ego, as well.


Anyway, I decided to read the fic (the Lolashoes trilogy) in question again, to see if I liked it any better the second time around. I like it a little bit more than I did the first time, and I understand why other people like it, but I stand by my original assessment that there is way too much sex in the series.

In Let Your Light Shine, the first story in the Lolashoes trilogy, Edward and Bella are on their honeymoon and they have sex for the first time. And then they have sex for the second time, and then they have sex for the 3,487th time. They have sex a lot. 




I mean, the entire first story is literally almost nothing but Edward and Bella having sex. Actually. all three stories have an overabundance of the lemony variety, IMHO, but the first story is the worst with it.

The trilogy, including outtakes, is 1370 pages. It has been pulled, but if they took out 7/8ths of the lemons there would probably still be too many, and if they took out 7/8ths of the lemons, it would probably reduce the size of the trilogy to around a hundred pages, that's how light on plot it is.

Which is sad, because what elements of plot there are in the story are so good I wanted to see those elements expanded, but they weren't and in some cases just abruptly abandoned and ignored once they were brought up.

I don't have any art for the fic, but here is a nice pic of E&B for you.

Image result for edward and bella cullen vampires

So there is my review of the Lolashoes trilogy. I won't apologize for having an opinion, and if anybody really thinks I'm being disrespectful here, I invite you to go check out a certain group when the author who thinks I'm disrespectful gets any kind of a guest review. No matter what kind of guest review she gets, it goes on blast either on her personal page or in her group, where her fans will jump to eviscerate whoever was unfortunate enough to not sign in when they review for her.


comic book characters batman tv show gif



Now, without further ado, here is Bronwyn J Goulding with her reviews.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chimera by WeekKittyandTat

Chimera is a single organism composed of cells from different zygotes.

Summary: Bella Swan has lived a sheltered life, and chooses to go to college as far from home as her strict parents will allow. After running into Edward Cullen, they become friends. One night will alter the life of both of them more than anyone can ever believe. When DNA doesn't tell the same story Bella tells, how will both their lives change?

This is a story where Bella has lead a sheltered restrictive life until she reaches College where her roommates Jessica and Lauren help Bella see there is more to life than what she knows.

Alice is the floor monitor and Angela’s best friend.

Bella meets Edward soon after arriving and sparks fly and a bond is formed between them.

In this story, you will not find the sweet loving Alice and Angela that you find in the Twilight books, No both are far from it. Alice is a sociopath hell bent on Edward and Angela being together no matter what the cost to anyone's life.
The things Alice does to everyone’s life is unbelievable and everyone believes Alice when she cry’s wolf over and over again. Alice gets pregnant because Bella is pregnant with Edward’s baby but who is Alice’s baby’s father.

All through the story, Alice plays everyone for a fool and Edward believes everything Alice says about Bella even though he doesn’t want to.

This story is filled with drama and tragedy. There is talk of rape and how Bella survives it. It is clear the Authors have done some research on survivors of rape and abuse crimes because their descriptions and emotions that they describe are accurate.

If you can handle angst, drama, tragedy and rape triggers I suggest you go and read this story you won’t be disappointed. The Authors have written this story in a way that you just want to stay up all night and keep reading you want to know what happens next…. 

You wonder what Sociopath Alice is up to next

You just fall in love with Pops and granny.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12081556/1/Chimera


Image may contain: 3 people, text

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Bound Series by Heartfortwilight.

This is a series of three books by Heartfortwilight, I can say they are worth the read if you like dominant BDSM Mafia type Edward. But I will say in this series Bella is not the wimpy shy type of girl. Yes, she becomes Edwards wife and submissive but she is far from the original twilight series Bella…

This Bella has balls and is totally loyal to her new families, and damn she is hot with knives and a gun, I know if I was a lesbian Edward would have some competition with this Bella because I would do her over and over, she is that hot.

I have read many MafiaWards and some BDSM MafiaWards and this Edward is one of my favorites.

He is tough and committed to leading his family once he marries a good Italian girl but like the Dons in his family he is also a Dom.

In the first book, Bound to the Family. It starts with Carlisle traveling down memory lane when he meets the love of his life, Esme, and their life together raising Edward, explaining to Edward what he must do to take over the family business to be head of the Cullen Mafia family.

Bella is roommates with Alice who is Jasper’s submissive which Bella does not know. Bella has been exploring BDSM for many years on her own and has yet to find her first Dom. Due to her being out of work after finishing College, Jasper offers Bella a job at one of his BDSM clubs once he realizes Bella is a natural born submissive and perfect for Edward who is taken back when he first sees her and demands that Jasper take her off the floor because he has found his new submissive.

From there Charlise and Edward quickly learn that Bella is the oldest grandchild to Michael Volturi and the need for Edward and Bella to marry quickly is of the utmost importance. As the story travels along they learn that Bella is the product of Renee and Aro having an affair in Italy creating Bella. Aro refusing to leave his wife and Renee runs off and marries Charlie.

Michael and Carlisle decide that with the help of Bella and Edward that on their wedding day the two families with unite under one family becoming the Cullen/Volturi family with Edward as Don and Bella as Donna.

http://www.starslibrary.net/viewstory.php?sid=10831

bound


Bound and Dangerous

The second book starts with Edward and Bella’s wedding and the drama and death that comes with such a union. This story is set up in a way that allows for it to action packed, drama and well-placed, descriptive sexy sex scenes that just make you want to find a partner or have a cold shower.

With the families united, Aro and James (who is Aro’s oldest son) try everything to kill Edward, Bella, Michael and Carlisle to destroy the new family unity. But both Bella and Edward are smarter, creating the coven of both family’s best operatives in different fields. Bella also decided with Carlisle
and Michael’s support that she wants to be trained and MY GOD does she turn into a bad ass, out of the playroom Bella is as badass as Edward and will not take any crap from anyone, she expects loyalty from everyone under her and will kill if the need arises.

What I also love about this series especially this book you see the appearance of a new major character, Bella’s half-brother Alex Volturi who it's clear has a disability but is high functioning Aspergers or also known as Autism. With this character, the author has done her research in developing someone who is believable in being high functioning Aspergers. Alex, throughout the rest of the series becomes a
major player in the Coven and especially in Bella’s life as she gets to know her kind and loving brother.

In this book, you also see the Irish appear and need help from the Coven. The Coven teams, Bella and Edward travel to Boston to solve the mystery that surrounds the Irish mafia family and tragedy strikes when Aro gets involved.

You see Jacob Black in this book for a short time but, as usual, is off his rocker and a dick towards Bella thinking she is in love with him. He becomes obsessed with Bella so action has to be taken and he is removed. Jacob fans you won’t like this.

dangerous

http://www.starslibrary.net/viewstory.php?sid=11110 

Bound and United by Heartfortwilight.

Bound and United is the third book in the bound series.
If you like Mafia and BDSM then take the time to read this series.

In this book, Edward and Bella are well established as the Don and Donna of the Cullen/Volturi family. Not only are Edward and Bella the Don and Donna of the family but Edward is Bella’s Dom and Bella is Edward's ever-so-sweet, obedient submissive.

Bella is a natural born submissive but also a natural born leader of the family and the love of Edward’s life. Edward gets a hard on when Bella goes into killer mode, every time.

These stories are not just about sex, there are well-written plot lines in each book but follow the story line set up at the beginning of book one.

Book three sees Bella pregnant with their first child and Edward is ever-so-protective but Bella will not be told she can’t partake in the fun. It deals with the effects the pregnancy has on the couple as they both recover from injuries sustained when Bella was kidnapped at the first Coven meeting in Las Vegas.

I want to say more but you really need to read all three books to understand what I am saying, it is one of those series that is worth reading and the BDSM part of the stories does not overshadow the storyline.

http://www.starslibrary.net/viewstory.php?sid=11443&chapter=20&textsize=4

Image may contain: 2 people, night and text


Though Book three is still a WIP it is worth reading all three books you will find them to be well-written and researched not just in mafia life but also BDSM. The author has taken her time to provide as much accuracy as she can in creating the Bound universe. This series is one of only a few
that I would read a sequel let alone an entire series, each book keeps you captivated and wanting more. The sex scenes are just hot, they do not waffle on and drag out like some stories do but they are detailed enough that you can picture clearly what is happening and I don’t know about you but I get a physical reaction from reading these sex scenes that the author has created.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, that's all I have for this week, cats and kittens. I'm off to watch the Kennedy Center Honors. They're honoring The Eagles. It makes me sad that Glenn Frey isn't here to see this.

Until next week, in the words of The Eagles...


Take It Easy
Image result for floating on the ocean animated gif

4 comments:

  1. I was always taught that everyone deserves respect, even if their opinion is different than yours. I've seen and heard you throw insults, and your comment was definitely not disrespectful. Some people are just too perfect for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of do excel at throwing insults, don't I? And yeah, I didn't insult that story in any way when I made my comment on that thread.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You've been voted into Round 2 of the 2016 TwiFic Fandom Awards!

    The full list of Round 2 nominees will be published on the site tomorrow, December 31st.

    Round 2 polls will open this Sunday, January 1st, and close January 8th at 11:59 p.m. EST. This year's winners and the recipients of the Fandom Achievement Award will be announced January 22nd.

    Good luck!

    Iris
    Host, Organizer
    TwiFic Fandom Awards
    twificfandomawards.blogspot.com
    @TwiFicFanAwards

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I'm sorry that he had a shitty year, but that means this one will be awesome because you deserve it.
    Second, congratulations on making it to round two.
    Now I don't understand why a certain author talked bad about you and your review. I didn't find it disrespectful at all. You gave your opinion which we are all allowed to have and not always everyone will have the same opinion. Still after not liking the story you felt you wanted to read it again so there is something you like about it.
    Her problem not yours.
    I'm already reading Chimera is so good. I love Kasi's and Nikki's stories.
    I'm intrigued by the Bound Series, I can't wait to start reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete