Tuesday, January 31, 2017

It's Like I've Lost The Will To Live


I'm serious, yo. I love writing this blog and used to love finding all the funny GIFs to include, but tonight I'm just. . .



I feel like I've been drained of my will to live. Someone just dig a hole and kick the dirt in over me after I lay down.


I mean, even going to my happy place. . .




Which, you know, is just some variation on pretending I was the model on this shoot because LOOK AT THE INTENSITY OF THAT KISS!!!

But, alas, even my happy place doesn't help.




But then I find GIFs like this one and they make me forget it for a few minutes. . .



Mrs. Iron Man is a lucky woman!

*

*
*

Okay, enough of my whining, am I right? All o' y'all are probably sitting there like this. . .




Okay, there's no need to be hostile.



I'm getting to it. Chillax.

This week I have two vamp fics and an all human fic for your consideration. Since I've been in the sad mood, I'll just get that one out of the way right out of the box.

In the story Empty Chairs at Empty Tables by LyricalKris, Edward is the sole survivor when a pissed-at-the-world Eric Yorkie opens fire on him and his group of friends at lunch on a day like any other at Forks High.

Summary: 
The wake of a tragedy—a school shooting—has far-reaching consequences. Edward was living his life as though he had to make up for the four people who died in front of his eyes. Bella's life had been blown apart before it really started. Two strangers who happened to come back to the scene of the crime on the same day.

The story fluctuates from ten years in the past when the shooting happened, and the present, when Edward has been invited back to Forks High to commemorate the anniversary of that horrible day.

There is to be a ceremony and Edward arranges to go back to the cafeteria to see where the shooting happened and has a panic attack. Bella, who lost her father on that same day, helps him. Bella, it turns out, also has her own demons to fight as a result of that day.

This story is a WIP and Kris just got started on it a few weeks ago, so there are only six chapters written, but what an impactful six chapters they have been. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of this story plays out.

And, y'all already know I think that LyricalKris does no wrong. I mean, I dedicated an entire blog to her body of work. I also think that Empty Chairs at Empty Tables will turn out to be a beautifully done representation of the feelings of the survivors of a mass shooting. If she does this story anywhere near as well as she did her story Nightmare Before Christmas, it will also be a story of how two survivors of unthinkable trauma come to support each other and fall in love in the process.




Empty Chairs at Empty Tables can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12237551/1/Empty-Chairs-at-Empty-Tables

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next story I have for you is called A Scarlet Night by prettyflour.

Summary: 
In a world where power is held in a precarious balance, what will happen when dark and light collide?
A Scarlet Night is an AU story where Edward is a vampire who was turned by his maker, Carlisle, in 1918. That, my friends, is where any similarity to Twilight ends.

To begin with, there is no Cullen family in this story. The characters are all here, but they are not a family. Carlisle turned Edward in 1918 and that is it. Carlisle created Edward as a companion for himself, and they remained together as father and son for the nearly 100 years that they roamed the earth together.

Bella is not human in this story, she is a faerie. Bella is no Tinkerbell type faerie; there are no wings and no glitter. She channels the elements to keep the earth in balance.

Bella is the last living faerie on earth. Fae blood is the sweetest, most potent blood and vampires get addicted to it once they taste it. Because of this, they have hunted the fae to near extinction. 


Bella seeks Edward after meeting Alice, a vampire seer who kept having visions of Bella being killed by Edward. Alice wanted to warn Bella of what could happen.

Bella was intrigued by Alice's visions and sought Edward out. After meeting him, Bella realized that they are mates. After the couple's initial meeting, Bella decides she needs to confer with the seer again, and when she does, Alice reveals new visions. Visions of a great war between a coven who wants to take over the world and enslave humans and the Volturi, the rulers of the vampire species. In the visions, Bella sees Edward fighting with the Volturi until he is overcome by the coven wanting to enslave humans. He is tortured and killed by them.

Bella decides that she can't let that happen so she goes back to Edward and informs him that they are mates but they will have to take it slow so he doesn't kill her. She starts showing him how to use the magic she uses and he learns very quickly.

The promised battle happens, but in the process, the remainder of the characters that represent the Cullen family make their appearances in the coven that want to overthrow the Volturi.

This story is unique and I enjoyed it a lot. It is HEA and I will definitely read it again someday.

I can't get the available picture on the story to work so here is a Twi-pic I like. :-) Plus, this scene happens in the story.


Image result for twilight

A Scarlet Night can be found here:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7341348/1/A-Scarlet-Night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last, but not least this week, I have a story called Shotgun Charlie by jstarr.

Summary: 
When Charlie catches Edward and Bella in a compromising position how will he react? What lengths will they have to go to in order to get alone time together?

What can I say about this story? I had such a good time reading it. Edward is overcome by his lust for Bella one night when she is sleeping and decides to let his fingers do the walking and she wakes up while he is feeling her up.

They have sex and Bella is so loud that she wakes Charlie up and Edward is so pre-occupied by what just happened he doesn't hear him coming down the hall to investigate all the screaming and moaning. With his shotgun that he named Willie.


This story is funny and sweet and endearing. There are grammar and syntax problems, but I was entertained enough to continue reading and ignore them.

So, if you're looking for something cute and funny and fluffy to get your mind off your troubles, Shotgun Charlie is a good story to do that for you.

There's no banner for this story, either, so here's a funny meme I found when looking for a picture of Charlie.


Team Mustache Dad by PineyCreek

Shotgun Charlie can be found here:


https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4832313/1/Shotgun-Charlie


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so ends another edition of Smut Sluts and Angst Whores. I hope I didn't drive you too crazy with all my rambling at the beginning of this blog post. 
What can I say? I'm a precious blossom who is easily bruised.


Seriously, don't hold it against me. It's just one of my facets. All of us fully mature and mentally stable individuals have many of them.



Anyway, that's all for this week, folks. I have to get to bed so I can get up early and make a doctor's appointment so I can get all my meds refilled.



See you next week!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog! What a great way to wake up this morning! Thanks for the great rec's too. I hadn't come across the second one mentioned, so I'll have to check it out. Sounds like a different spin on things. It's not often we read of Bella being a faerie. Thanks for all you do! - Sunshine1220, aka Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy you're enjoying what I do and that I recommended something you haven't read yet. Thanks so much for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely have to try A Scarlet Night immediately! It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it. It's a unique plot. My intername hippie/witch loved the magic in nature aspects of it and the way the Cullen 'family' came into being was believable after the events in the story.

      Delete
  3. Currently reading Empty Chairs and Empty Tables. It is a hard read because of the depressing topic. I found this week's blog quite entertaining. No, I do not feed off of will of others to die, because I know you aren't going anywhere. We won't allow it. :D See you next week. Denise Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't have the will to die. I just lost the will to live yesterday. But as I wrote the blog, my will to live slowly came back to me. LOL

      Delete
  4. OMG!!!!! Where do I begin,as always great recommendations. The three stories sound interesting.
    Thank you.
    See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you liked it. :-) Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I'm beginning to see why fanfic authors are always begging people to review. LOL

    ReplyDelete