Tuesday, February 21, 2017

You Poor Fuckers, What Are You Gonna Do Now?

I only ask that because I just figured something out about this blog that makes me insanely giddy. . .
Image result for jumping and clapping animated gif

. . .and more than likely it will drive you all bonkers.

Image result for driving me crazy animated gif

No, not exactly, but I you're probably not going to appreciate this as much as I do.

Do you want to know what it is? Well, do ya?


Image result for Do ya? animated gif

I just figured out I can add video!


If you thought I used too many GIFs before, look out. I have only begun to annoy you!



So, this is the new toy you can expect to see me play with from here on out.


youre welcome dean animated GIF


If only I had discovered this last week. I could have used this video instead of the animated GIF so you could get the full, true effect of my son trying to get the couch up the stairs of my apartment building.



Now just imagine this in last week's blog. 


Image result for anyway animated gif

When I finished writing last week's blog it was my intention to re-read one of the stories I recommended because it had been a while and I wanted to see how it ended. I think that if you all read my previous blogs you'll recall how my intentions work out for me.

 
Image result for never happens animated gif

Exactly!

What did happen is I started planning this week's blog. Bet you can't guess what happened when I started making plans, can you?

I decided to make the blog this week about vamp fic where Edward loses his control and bites Bella right away and I found a trilogy that starts with that, and a different story to use (but y'all will probably come at me with your torches and pitchforks for it). . .


Image result for you changed your mind animated gif

I found a couple of WIPs that I seriously devoured the available posted chapters of, like Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S devours food. . .



. . .and decided that they have to be in this week's blog, instead.

So, hopefully, nothing derails my plan to do a blog about Edward going crazy and biting Bella next week.

Anyway, the two WIPs that I ran across this week that totally messed up my awesome plan for this week are extremely different but really, really good.

The first story that made me rethink my plan for the blog this week is called May 8th by dustybritches01.


Summary: He stood below my window, a stranger, yet so heart-known; destined to return to me every May 8th.


This fic is so different from anything I've ever read, and I toyed with the idea of including it in a blog about space travel stories, but I just wanted to get this out there so everyone will see it.

When Bella is about 5 or 6 she is in a car accident that kills both her parents. She is rescued by Edward. He saves her life and stays with her until emergency personnel can get to her; then he disappears.


Every year on the anniversary of that day, her Uncle Charlie and Aunt RenΓ©e take her to the cemetery to visit her parents' graves. And every year she feels the presence of the man she was told is imaginary.

Three years after the night the accident happened, Edward reveals himself to her at school and leaves her a gift in her room.

She doesn't see him every year, but she always feels his presence on that day. And every year, their feelings for each other grow. First, a fierce, heartfelt friendship. Eventually, as Bella gets older, they realize they love each other.

I won't go into any more of the story so you can discover this gem of a story for yourself. But, if you love otherworldly tales of love and devotion, do yourself a favor and check out May 8th.


Image may contain: 2 people, closeup

May 8th can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11511479/1/May-8th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second story to make me abandon my plan for this week's blog is called Forged By Fire by Sunshine1220.

Summary: We rose from the ashes of their man-made disaster and became stronger, drawing our strength from where we've been and what we've seen. This is our world now, and they can't take it from us.
This story is just eleven chapters in and updates weekly, but I only discovered it yesterday and read all of the available chapters (ten of them) in something like an hour.

In Forged By Fire, an influenza pandemic unleashed by the government as a means of population control wipes out most of the world's human inhabitants. Those who survive the disease are rendered infertile, so are the people who received an emergency vaccine which quickly ran out.

The people who are left either live on their own off the grid or in camps and settlements. However, the population has been decimated. Living in fear that someone from their community will be stolen and experimented on by the government.

For the settlement where Bella lives, which is near Seattle, the population started at 35 in the beginning but is over 500 now. Bella has just turned 18 and has lived there since she was three. There is housing for everyone. They work together to grow their own food, herbs for medicines and make their own clothing. Their settlement is close-knit and everyone looks out for each other.

Edward lives in a camp near Chicago. His world is very different than Bella's. He's lived there since he was three when his parents moved to Chicago just after Edward's cousin, Alice, was born. He lost his parents to the flu when he was six. His friend's parents took him in and raised them in a camper at the camp outside of Chicago.

In this camp, it's everyone for themselves. Nobody really willingly helps anyone else. When Edward overhears something he knows he shouldn't have, he decides to leave Chicago and go to the settlement where his aunt, uncle, and cousin live.

It takes Edward and the rest of the people who travel with him five months to reach the Washington settlement, but when they do, they are welcomed and absorbed into the community. Given places to live, food to eat and jobs to do.

Edward and Bella meet on his first full day there, and they start seeing each other soon after.

This story is extremely well-written and I what to know what happens next so much that I volunteered to pre-read. Luckily, Sunshine said yes.

 
Image may contain: 2 people, text

Forged By Fire can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12271735/1/Forged-By-Fire


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't actually have a third story to rec this week until about 20 minutes ago. Lo and behold, I found a link to a story on SunflowerFran's Pay It Forward facebook page and I can tell you that now I do.

It's called One Last Chance Revisited by RMacaroni.

Summary: 
Your chance to give One Last Chance another chance! What happens when you risk everything for one last chance? A chance at greatness. A chance at love.
It turns out that this story started as original fiction that the author posted on fanfiction.net, but had very few readers. She decided to change it to a Twilight fanfic and I'm so happy she did. Otherwise, I might have never discovered this terrific story.

Bella, a master's student in Germany, is dating Emmett, a pro-soccer player in a German town a couple of hours away. Edward is his best friend and totally in love with Bella. 


You see, Edward met Bella first, right before a soccer game when he and Emmett were just starting out on their team. He met Bella, played his match and while he was showering, Emmett met Bella too, so Edward stepped back and let Emmett have her. Until he couldn't any longer.

Four years later and Edward is still in love with her, but Emmett isn't treating Bella as good as he should, and Edward's been noticing and says something to both Emmett and Bella about it.

A few weeks go by and Bella sees an interview that Emmett gives where he says that his girlfriend doesn't get in the way of his career so he's doing great and she realizes that he won't ever put her first so she decides to leave him.

She and Edward struggle with their feelings for each other, because neither of them wants to hurt Emmett. But Edward already knows he loves her and Bella is starting to realize she has feelings for Edward, too.

Emmett finally starts noticing what's going on around him and realizes they have feelings for each other and reassures both of them that he is fine with them being together.

Throughout the story, Edward is dealing with a hip injury that gives him tremendous pain but he is delaying the surgery he needs until after the season is over because the team doesn't have anyone else who plays his position and they are a contender to win their league's championship.

This story is a WIP but the author says the final chapter will be posted on Thursday. I can tell you that I really liked it because I read all 31 posted chapters and 78,000+ words in five hours this afternoon and evening.

There's no banner picture for One Last Chance - Revisited so here's a hot picture of David Beckham because. . . well just look at him! RAWR!!!
Image result for professional soccer game david beckham

One Last Chance - Revisited can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12218155/1/One-Last-Chance-Revisited


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this brings another week of Smut Sluts and Angst Whores to a close. I have yet another migraine and I wish I had the money to buy myself a surefire 'herbal' remedy. Is it legal? No. But. . .

Remember that old saying. . .Image result for it's five o'clock somewhere animated gif

. . .I mean, it's five o'clock somewhere? Well, weed is legal somewhere, too, dammit!Image result for spicoli animated gif

Since I don't have any of the devil's lettuce, I'll just have to ask my daughter the age old question. . .

Image result for it's five o'clock somewhere animated gif

See you next week!

10 comments:

  1. Pivat!!So funny. And Joey eating Rachel's Thanksgiving meat trifle. I'm so glad you were able to add videos! Doc Holliday... my hero. You know I love May 8th,and I've seen Forged by Fire, but haven't checked it out. I'll do that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Mike and Katie were trying to move the couch up the stairs at my place all I wanted to do was scream PIVOT at them but I think Mike might have slugged me if I did. :-)

      Delete
  2. I loved everything about this. And you were spot on with David Beckham's pic!!
    πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked a good picture, huh? I'm gonna really try not to trip over my tongue or break my arm patting myself on the back. LOL

      Delete
  3. You are insane, and I am so glad you are. Love the addition of the video clips!!!! I so look forward to your weekly post. Thank you for all the wonderful recs. Have a great week. I am pushing that request directly at you. Buckle up, good things coming your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, REALLY love that you think I'm insane. <3

      Delete
  4. I love it!!!
    I already thought it was pretty funny without the videos, but they add to the effect.
    I love the recommendations... I cannot always read them all, but I follow the authors so I don't forget to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I don't expect everyone to read my recs, but I do enjoy giving them out. If someone finds something they love, then I did a good thing, right?

      Delete
  5. All this week's recs sound great and I can't wait to dive in. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you for reading and commenting. <3

      Delete