Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Lights! Camera! Action!

It's Tuesday, once again, and everybody knows what that means, right?Image result for what does it mean animated gif

Um, no. This is a blog, not a bakery. There is no cake here.

Image result for what does it mean animated gif

I thought that was pretty self-explanatory. No. Cake.Image result for that's pretty self-explanatory animated gif

Why would I inflict my kitchen skills on you?Image result for i like you too much animated gif


So did anybody catch the Oscars? Or, were you like me and just watched the red carpet arrivals and made fun of the dresses before ignoring the actual show?

Speaking of making fun of the dresses. . .

Image result for what the fuck animated gif


Does Dakota Johnson not own a mirror? How did she go from this two years ago. . .

Image result for dakota johnson oscar red carpet 2017


. . .to this two nights ago?

Image result for dakota johnson oscar red carpet 2017


I just don't get it. Did she join the Duggar cult? Did she raid an old Gunne Sax warehouse? Was the costume designer of Little House on the Prairie having a sale? I mean. . .





That was just heinous. And which meathead decided to bring back old granny dresses from the 1970s? It was bad enough I had to live through it the first time around. And y'all can just put away your pitchforks, I'm entitled to my opinion, just like she's entitled to wear that monstrosity.

Anyway, since the Oscars happened this weekend, I decided to make the blog about Actorward this week. What better time, right?
Image result for right? animated gif


I decided to try to read three stories that I had never read before for the blog, but that just didn't work out. I'm in the middle of one that I'm enjoying, I finished another one, but just couldn't manage the third, so I'm going use one that I've read a couple of times in the past.

First up, This Is My Wish by ericastwilight. (I wanted to get the hard one out of the way, right away.)


Summary: Dear Wishes for You, My name is Riley Biers and I'm nine years old. Soon, very soon I'll leave behind my mom because I have terminal cancer. I write to you today and this is my wish...

I'll start this out by saying that I've wanted to read This Is My Wish for a while now, but have always heard that it's really sad so it's a tough read. I'm here to tell you, every bit of that is true, and then some.

There are frequent tissue warnings. At one point, the author recommends an entire box, but I think you should probably invest in a case and be done with it for this story.

It's true, I was afraid of it for a long time, but now that I've read it I can tell you: It was excruciating and beautiful, sad and hilarious, heart-breaking and soul-nourishing. Often, all within the same chapter. I was in tears many times during my time reading this story, but it was worth every tear shed, every instance of heartbreak, every moment of pain.

In short, it's pure magic.



This is my wish can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6482817/1/This-is-My-Wish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story that I'm in the middle of reading is called Letter From the Heartland by FilineIsFun.

Summary: 
Edward is a movie star struggling with his fame. Bella is a Midwestern girl and busy college student. The two strike up an unlikely friendship after E receives a fan letter from B that forces him to confront his Hollywood demons. The friendship gets complicated when phone calls are no longer enough for the actor and romantic feelings start to become real.

I have to say I'm really enjoying this story. As the summary says, Edward is having a hard time with his fame. He's going down the path of the typical Hollywood bad boy. Drinking, getting into fights, etc. When he gets home from the afterparty following his latest movie premiere, he is totally wasted and totally hating his life. He's even considering heavy drug use to forget how unhappy he is.

But then he goes through his fan mail and finds a letter that is very different from the fawning letters he is used to getting. The young woman who wrote this one conveys that while she loves him, she is starting to worry about him because of the choices he is making. She basically chastises him for being a bad boy and this gets his attention.

She included her phone number in the letter along with an invitation to call her anytime he just wants to talk, so he takes her up on the offer. To say that she was shocked and disbelieving when he tells her who he is is an understatement, but eventually, he gets her to believe him and an unconventional friendship begins.

It's not long before they both start feeling more for each other, and they struggle with those feelings because they don't see how it can work out between them. She lives in Texas and has no wish to be part of the Hollywood scene, and that's where he lives and works.

As I said before, I'm only about halfway through the story, so I don't know how it ends, but I'm enjoying it very much, so far. This isn't your typical Hollywood story, full of the glitz and glamor and the fairytale wrapped up in a neat little bow. Edward is very lonely and unhappy at the beginning of the story. And while he has a few setbacks along the way, his outlook is improving.



Letter From the Heartland can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10725288/1/Letter-From-the-Heartland


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the third story I want to rec this week, it's a set of stories by nolebucgrl called Words With Friends/Words With Strangers.

Words With Friends is from Bella's point of view and Words With Strangers is from Edward's point of view.

Words With Friends Summary: 
Bella Swan has a major crush on a major star, Edward Cullen. They have an obsession with the same game. Can they connect through Words with Friends and become more than that? 

Words With Strangers Summary: EPOV Companion Piece to Words with Friends. Movie star Edward Cullen is done with women and focused on his career. A stranger reaches out to him via Words with Friends. Will her words change his mind?

I just love these two fics. They're funny and goofy and disarming and full of all the fairytale aspects you want in a fluffy story about Actorward and his Bella. And all of the Cullen men in this story are wonderful. When they find their 'ONE' they go all out to get her, and Edward is no exception.

One night, Alice and Bella are watching an interview their favorite movie star, Edward Cullen is giving on a late night show. He mentions that he loves playing Words With Friends and Bella and Alice set out to find him through that medium. Alice tries by using the name of his action movie character and Bella tries through using the name of his favorite cartoon character and favorite number. 


Of course, both of them think they have the right man, but which one?




Words With Friends can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6910604/1/Words-with-Friends


And Words With Strangers can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7176635/1/Words-with-Strangers


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, was it as good for you as it was for me?Image result for was it as good for you as it was for me? animated gif

And, just out of curiosity, are there any themes or genres you would like me to feature in the future? 

Image result for was it as good for you as it was for me? animated gif

Oh, this gif makes me giddy. It's been so long since I've used an Avengers gif.

Image result for i'm as giddy as a schoolgirl animated gif

But seriously, if there's something you would like to see me cover, let me know. Until then, I'm gonna. . .

Image result for make like a baby and head out animated gif

10 comments:

  1. I hated Dakota's dress, and the poor thing has fine hair that they often style badly. She looked terrible, and we know she can do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair looked like she had a 3 day bender, rolled out of bed and said to herself, "I think I'll go to the Oscars."

      Delete
  2. Poor Dakota, she's trying to gain some credibility by covering up after everyone (except me) had seen her nekkid. I love Words, but I always want to read it back and forth between the two stories, ya'know, but it doesn't work that way. I suppose if I had two tablets, one on each I could do it that way. Hey guy, my birthday is this month...someone buy me another tablet? K? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is in March, too! I read the two words stories together, too. I do it on my PC and keep two tabs open and toggle back and forth when I do it. :-) If I had the extra money I would send you a tablet for your birthday. I'd send you my old tablet but the audio doesn't work. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Great entry! Loved the gifs. Lol! I also have the WWF/WWS issue. I read one on my iPhone (using large fonts, obviously), and the other on my iPad.

    One actorward story I enjoyed was My Heart My Home by Edward's Eternal. Edward's pretty adorable in that one.

    What in the name of all that is holy was going on with Dakota's (2017 Oscar) look?? Was it vintage? Was she channeling a Victorian madam? (B-b-but it was Gucci, I cried!) And her hair... I mean, a sleek bun or an 80's blow out would've made some kind of statement. Seriously, lady! You're killing your fandom.

    Keep up the awesome posts. Love it! -RoseE. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Both for the comment and agreeing with me. Who the hell knew Gucci would turn out something so ugly? Did you see the other dress from a few days before that? Good lord!!! It looked like someone took a page out of Gone With The Wind and created a dress for her from a ruffled bed spread! She must have been going for the school marm look because that's all I saw with that dress.

      I haven't read My Heart My Home yet, but I plan to at some point.

      Delete
  4. Oh my word, how I love this weekly treat. :) Poor Dakota. Looks like she wore her grandmother's (Tippi Hedren) gown from a previous decade. And the necklace was just gaudy. Enough criticism, she probably did not even pick it out. Loved all the recs, and will hit them soon. Keep up the good work. I crown you the Queen of Gifs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will happily accept that title. :-)

      Delete
  5. Great entry as usual, I read WWF/WWS and I love to revisit them. I've been wanting to read LftH so maybe I'll start that. I don't think I can read This is my wish as, l'm still not over The best man and that was written years ago. I would love some recs on stories about witch's. I've read Elemental so many times like it's the only one. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can do that. I've read a few... now to find all of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete