Monday, October 24, 2016

Our First Guest Star!

Greetings and salutations all you fanciers of fine fanfic! How the hell are ya? I've been doing this a month now, can you believe it?


I'm so happy, I just figured out that I could use voice typing to get this bad boy out.


Image result for Yay for me gif


Better buckle up, I can be a wordy bitch when I want to be!

Image result for buckle up gif


So, this week I haven’t read that much and I don’t really have any recs for you.


Image result for boo you suck gif

I know, I’m sorry. I was just so pissed because when I tried to post last week’s blog it kept changing the damn formatting on me! But the good news is that I finally get to live up to having a guest reviewer write up some recommendations for my blog. Betcha thought it would never happen, huh?



Image result for betcha thought that would never happen gif



So, without further ado,  allow me to introduce to you Miss Lara Poe Norman, AKA: MeteorOnAMoonlessNight.  She's an author for whom I beta. (Psssst! She doesn’t really need me. I hardly ever have to correct anything for her.) She has either written or is in the process of writing 4 different fics: Angry All the Time, (Un)Requited, Ex Delicto, and Jack & Crush. She's got mad skillz, yo!


Image result for mad skillz gif



So, I hope you enjoy the recs to follow. Lara, take it away!

Complete


Someone mentioned their favorite line from this fic on Facebook, and I found myself curious. It's well worth the read, but it is no walk in the park. Without spoiling it for you, something terrible happens to Edward. We’re taken on the journey of Bella as a teenager, trying to cope with what happened and live her life through her grief. Then we’re shown how hard it is for Edward to live through what happened; how he copes when he can't live his old life but he can't live in his own skin. Well written but a tear jerker, this story really affected me while I was reading it.


The Consequence of Miracles

By: Travis Birkenstock

Sometimes, the miracles we plead for come at a terrible price. AH, dark subject matter.



Channel Five was written for the Dirty Talkin’ Edward contest, and it won 8, count them, 8, awards. There is no doubt as to why when you get started on this story where Bella is filling in as a flight attendant on a private plane for the elusive owner of a Fortune 500 company. When Edward starts talking in her ear piece on channel five, they go from playful banter to dirty talk over the course of the 13-hour flight. Planet Blue scores again.


Channel Five:

A private plane. A velvet voice. A seduction miles above ground. Contest entry for the Dirty Talkin' Edward Contest




Arbitratrix Diaboli is a set of three one-shots. Isabella is a creature above vampires, created by the devil himself. She has incredible powers, and she takes what she wants, and who she wants. Each section follows the choices she makes, thinking she doesn't need or want a mate. Until she meets human Edward, that is.


Arbitratrix Diaboli

By: LadyHazelK

A 3-Shot. Three short stories that tie together to tell you about the Devil's Mistress and her eternal life as the first night creature. Despite her many creations and lovers, none were worthy enough to stay… except one. Dark Vampella & eventual Dark Vampward. Rated M for non-canon/canon lemons, blood/dark themes.




WIP


This fic was the first place public vote in the Control, Possess, Seduce contest. Mountaintop76 has continued this story, and we find a strong, smart Bella who is trying not to drown in her need to be close to her boss. She has expanded this story in a direction I didn't see it going, and I get excited every time it updates. Plus, she's started outtakes in Edward's POV.


Bella lives for her morning elevator ride, and the sexy stranger she shares it with, but what will happen one night when she works late? Contest entry for the Control. Possess. Seduce. Contest.



What can I say about Final Destination? It's Edward’s Eternal, so we know it's good. Edward and Bella meet at the airport when their planes are stranded in a snowstorm, and their final destinations change as they try to forge a relationship. Only a few chapters in, and you can't help but love this sweet, lost Edward and strong, supportive Bella. Edward is learning what true family is all about as he meets Bella's friends and neighbors.  

Two lost, lonely people traveling to different destinations. One storm that brings them together. Could their meeting alter their final destination?



Image result for was it good for you? gif



Seriously, the girl recommended some good fics! I’ve read them all (except for one) and I love them. So I want everybody to give a big round of applause to Lara, AKA: MeteorOnAMoonlessNight, for doing my dirty work for me.

Image result for and the crowd goes wild gif


Lara, I want to thank you for your recommendations. But more than that, I just want to say how much I enjoy being your beta bitch and prereader extraordinaire. . . well, you’ve called me a bitch before but I know you totally meant the rest of it.

Image result for don't put words in my mouth gif


So that’s it for this week. Come back next week and I’ll show you a cool trick!



Image result for don't put words in my mouth gif





2 comments:

  1. It's kind of cool to see my words up there. I hope everyone reads these awesome fics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. You recommended some good ones. :-)

      Delete