Wednesday, November 30, 2016

He Just Makes Me All Twitterpated!

Ahem. It's still Tuesday on the west coast of the US.

How is everybody this week? Have we all disposed of our Thanksgiving (for those who celebrate) leftovers by now? I never host these dinners so I never have the leftovers, but I wish I had taken home a bowl of my sister's stuffing this year. That stuff was the bomb, yo! And my sister asked me if I wanted her to bring me some of it and I told her, yes, but then her evil son and his friends got ahold of it and I was out of luck. A moment of silence please, while I mourn my loss of the best stuffing I've ever tasted.





Thank you for allowing me that self-indulgent moment of grief over something that can likely never be replicated. I appreciate that. You're awesome.


awesome how i met your mother neil patrick harris


You may be asking yourself how I can say I'm all twitterpated if I'm in a state of mourning over a lost opportunity to eat my weight in Thanksgiving stuffing. I've asked myself the same thing, and I have an answer for you. 

Sweet, baby, high school aged, Edward Cullen.

He just makes everything better, and in the fics I've read this week, I just know you'll find yourself a SweetWard to make you feel better at the end of a bad day. How do I know? Because I've got two older, completed stories that I've read over the course of the past few days, along with a WIP that features an Edward so sweet that, when I look in a mirror, I can see those little cartoon hearts in my eyes for hours after I read a new update. And then I just want to grab him and hug him and pet him and squeeze him.



I will name him George and I will hug him and pet him…


And yes, I have equal fervor for Robert Pattinson. I'm sure that if he knew just how I feel about him he'd get that protection order he's no doubt been contemplating.

robert pattinson


Anyway, I have three stories that I am confident you will all love, if you like totally adorable, sweet, wonderful, human Edward Cullens.

The first story I have for you this week is called Watching Her by les16.

Summary: She's his Drummer Girl. She plays. She dances. She's got secrets. He watches her. If he comes out of the woods will she let him in or close the doors forever?


There's a sequel to Watching Her, which is called Drumsticks and Penalty Kicks.

Summary: He still watches her. She still plays the drums. They just do it together. Drummer Girl and Creeper learn to love, trust, and grow together. Sequel/Continuation to "Watching Her".

I came across Watching Her in a post in the No Rules facebook group. The post was about another story I will be reviewing here today, and the person who posted about Watching Her said the Edward in Break My Silence reminded her of the Edward in Watching Her, so I decided to give Watching Her a read.

Now, I will be the first to admit that the first few chapters gave me pause. By, gave me pause, I mean that Edward kind of comes off as seriously skeevy for a while. By skeevy, I mean that I kind of wanted a Silkwood shower to get the skeeve off after reading those first few chapters. . .



Image result for silkwood shower animated gif

But the more I read, the better I felt about Edward. He really did care about Bella, without even knowing who she was or why she seemed so sad. He just wanted to make her feel better.

And the longer I read, through his first contact with her, her fright and subsequent curiosity about Edward, the more I grew to love both of them. You see, they don't even speak to each other. They write letters back and forth. They don't even speak over the phone until weeks after their first contact. But in those letters, they learn everything about each other. And they learn how to help each other through some of the worst experiences human beings can go through.

I swear that this story has the longest, slowest burn. They don't even meet face-to-face until the very last chapter of the story, but the payoff is so worth it. When they do finally meet up on the first day of school, they are already completely in love with each other. No other girl or boy has a chance with them. Their foundation is rock solid, and they are in it for the long haul.


And the sequel, Drumsticks and Penalty Kicks, is so dreamy. I just love everything about it. You won't be sorry if you give these two fics a chance.






Watching her can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7956616/1/Watching-Her


Drumsticks and Penalty Kicks can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8158357/1/Drumsticks-and-Penalty-Kicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My second selection is also a twofer by m81170. An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy, and, the author describes The Misadventures of Daisy and Swirl as snippets and stuff that happened within An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy but didn't make into the official story. I just finished reading Introduction and I'm smiling so big my face hurts. It's that good. There are also outtakes on the author's blog, which I am reading right now and they are adorable.

Bella is twelve when she goes to live with Charlie in this story. On her first day at Forks Middle School, during her first period Yearbook class, she meets her soulmate, Edward Cullen.

Edward is a lonely boy and has no friends. But when Bella comes into his life he gets a best friend and soul mate all rolled into one.
Our teacher arrived and started calling roll, an unnecessary formality. This was a woman who had watched each and every one of them grow from diapers to adolescence… who had invited them to all of my LotR-themed birthday parties… who had listened to me cry when, for whatever reason, they no longer invited me to theirs. I smiled a little. As long as I had my mom here and my dad at home, I didn’t need anyone else.

The next day, I came into class a little early and began sorting the previous day’s photos. I did it again the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that. Then I’d upload the good ones to the server like a good photographer, so no one would have any reason to ask me where they were. And no one did. No one ever talked to me, until one day…

“Hello,” a quiet voice said from right next to me.

I ignored it. Last week, I had made the mistake of thinking a seventh grader was waving me over to her table. I was halfway to there before I realized she was actually waving to a friend who was walking right behind me. I had instantly changed direction and headed to the Yearbook room. I’d been eating lunch with Mom in here ever since.

A throat cleared, followed by a more forceful, “Hello.”

I looked up. The first thing I saw was a bright light, before a face came into focus, one that I had never seen before. Spots marred my vision as my eyes adjusted. I blinked them away, trying to take in this person – this girl – in front of me.

She was an interesting kind of pretty. The part in her hair was crooked. Her thin fingers clung to the straps of her backpack. No make-up tainted her features.
She wore a t-shirt.

T-shirts were my downfall.

I had the impulse to snap her picture, but a lens would only distort her visage – the greatest injustice of our time. Such beauty could never, never be captured. No. I had to remember this moment, imprint it to my brain. What was said. How I felt. The way she looked. This was the moment I’d be speaking about for years to come… when people asked me how I met my wife.

That beautiful little piece of literary heaven was from an outtake of the first time he met her. <le sigh> The outtakes are available on the author's blog here:

http://m81170.livejournal.com/
Image result for banner picture for an introduction to swirl and daisy


An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy is available here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5642262/1/An-Introduction-to-Swirl-and-Daisy

Image result for banner picture for the misadventures of daisy and swirl


The Misadventures of Daisy and Swirl can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6065116/1/The-Misadventures-of-Daisy-and-Swirl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The last story I'm reviewing tonight is called Break My Silence by Kittanja.

Summary: 
Forks was a polar opposite of Arizona, and it was perfect. I just wanted to figure out how to live again. Mom was dead, which meant I was safe now. They didn't have any use for me anymore. I just wanted to be alone, it was easier… but Edward Cullen didn't do easy. I don't know why he kept torturing himself by trying to be my friend.

Bella Dwyer moves in with her Godfather, Charlie Swan, after a horrific incident leaves her traumatized, and physically unable to speak. She can't stand to be touched by others or touch them, either.

He arranges a job for her, and buys her a car, and takes her in to Forks High School to arrange to do her studies over the internet, so she doesn't have to come in contact with anybody. It's while they are at the high school that she meets Edward Cullen.

Of course, she can't speak to him, and when he sticks out his hand to shake hers, it gives her a slight panic attack, but she is able to give him a little wave as she leaves. And, for his part, he recognizes that her reaction to him is off, but doesn't know exactly what is going on.

Though their first meeting is in the office of Forks High School, their friendship begins out in a field an equal distance between their homes. It's where they each discover the other person has a penchant for getting high. For Bella, it's a means to reduce her anxiety, and for Edward, it's a means to release the stress and anger he has about his life.

Edward talks to Bella like she is a normal person and he does the best he can to make her comfortable, no matter the situation. As time goes by, she is able to sit next to him, and even let him hold her hand without freaking out about it.

The story is still a WIP, and hasn't been updated since October 26th, but I'll patiently wait because it's just that good.

Unfortunately, there is no banner for Break My Silence so here's a nice pic of Rob and Kristen for you instead. . . 

Image result for robert pattinson and kristen stewart 2008
 
Break My Silence can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11823555/1/Break-My-Silence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, while I was perusing m81170's blog, I found a banner that she made for a story called Primal Instincts by Ms.SB. The story is pulled, but if anyone has it, help a sister out and send it my way, will you. You all know how I get when I can't find a fic. Here's the banner that m81170 made for the story. Isn't it great? I will love you forever if you have the story and send it to me.
Primal Instincts


Anyway, that's it for this week. I'm just going to go sit over here in the corner and sulk until I get my hands on that story I can't find.
Image result for sitting in corner rocking animated gif

See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Edward is always a good Edward. I've never read one where they were in middle school, so that sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the first year of them being in school together. They are so freakin' sweet you almost get a cavity from it, but it's so good.

      Delete
  2. Loved Swirl & Daisy - amazing fic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They're just too damn cute. You can't even be jealous that they are so perfect and have such a perfect life. Thank you for your comment. <3

      Delete