Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Day-After-Halloween, Y'all!

I know, I know. It’s over, but since I actually started writing this on Halloween, I thought I would give you some of my favorite spooky, supernatural (not limited to vampire) fics.

Now, before you all go getting all worked up, yes, Edward is the end-all, be-all of the sexiest vampire in the world.

Maybe, kinda, sorta.

Now that I think of it, some of those boys in Lost Boys were pretty hot. I’m looking at you, Billy Wirth and Jason Patric.

Image result for lost boys animated gif

Image result for lost boys animated gif


But, since we’re all here to talk about Twilight fan fiction, I guess we better stick with those sparkly Meyer-pires we all know and adore.


The Cullen Family

But, since it’s Halloween, like I said before, I’m not going to limit this to vampires, oh no. I have a very hot WitchWard completed fic, an extremely incendiary LuciferWard Halloween one-shot, and a WereWard WIP for you to check out this week. And of course, I have to give you at least one vampire story, right?



My first recommendation this week is Elemental by TallullahBelle.


Summary: When the Swans return to their birthplace, Bella learns she is no ordinary teenager, and Forks is no ordinary town. Can she fulfill her destiny with the powerful Edward Cullen, or will the dark forces that threaten their families destroy them all?

Elemental is one of the first non-vampire-but-still-supernatural fics I ever read. It starts out with Bella and her parents moving from Phoenix to Forks, back to a family home she never knew of and a group of families she never heard of or from and never knew she was a part of.

Bella soon learns she is a witch, in a long family line of witches, who are charged (along with twelve other families) with guarding the magic of the area their family has lived in since around 1870. She’s tricked into making the promise to the earth by her father as soon as she arrives.

She is told virtually nothing by her parents, and has to find out most of what she does from her contemporaries. Two days after her arrival, the annual end-of-summer barbeque for the coven happens, where she meets the Cullens. They are the leaders of the coven.

When she meets Edward, he is an asshole to her and she can’t figure out why. Alice tries to explain his behavior, but Bella isn’t so forgiving.

Bella is done no favors by her parents. They are criminally negligent in giving her information that is vital to her survival, and to the survival of someone else. She is ill equipped to deal with all of the changes she is forced to go through, but manages to handle them with strength and as much maturity as she is allowed.

If you haven’t read Elemental, you should really go read it. It’s one of my favorite stories and one of those ones that I have to re-read at least once a year.

Elemental can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5241793/1/Elemental

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next story I have for you is an entry to the 2016 Twilight Tricks and Treats Contest, hosted by OhGeeFantasy, AKA: Noel Bish. This entry is called Blackbird.

Summary: There was a prophecy, a story that had been passed down through the family. A tale of a young woman who would be seduced by the Devil. A woman who would have to choose between the light and the dark, for she was the key.

In the interest of being fair, I will tell you that I betaed Blackbird. That fact notwithstanding, Blackbird is a fantastic story. I actually hope that Cullens Conquest, AKA: Zowie Adamson, expands it to a multi-chapter fic.

Lucifer, having been banished from heaven to the underworld, can only come to earth when he is summoned with magic. Except for on Halloween. He is able to come to earth for the entire twenty-four hours of the holiday. Unless he can make the human who has been prophesied fall in love with him.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my next recommendation of all things that go bump in the night, I have Temptest Point, a WIP that features an enthralling Edward; sheriff to the small town, but a man who is more than he appears.

Summary: Bella felt the heat burn her face, she didn't want a ride, she wanted to be left alone. She didn't want to be a burden to this man, who clearly had more important things to do than give a stranger a ride home. "There's no need... I can walk home, there's no need to make a fuss..."

Bella moves to the tiny, remote town of Tempest Point to escape a man who horribly abused her. She is shy, afraid and above all, wants to be alone. When she goes shopping for supplies, she is roped into accepting a ride from the town sheriff, and an instant attraction is formed. It’s an attraction that he fights and she doesn’t understand, but eventually they will both succumb to it.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last story I have for this week’s Tuesday Temptation is a vampfic. However, it’s not a Cullen-centric fic. They are mentioned quite frequently, but they haven’t had any major role in this WIP, so far, at least.

The story is called Silent Embers.
Summary: Can a secret stay silent forever? Or will it burn its way free?
Eleyne Standish is a young woman who loves her grandmother, a woman who has lived a long and wonderful life, Jessica Stanley. Eleyne was raised by Jessica, and and the two women are more like friends than grandmother/granddaughter.

Jessica has been in the hospital for three months when the story begins. Eleyne goes to visit her every evening. Today a new doctor is starting at the hospital serving Littleton, New Hampshire. A certain Dr. Cullen. Jessica recognizes him and tells Eleyne that he is the same Dr. Cullen from Forks. She also tells Eleyne that he was a doctor at the Forks hospital when Jessica was in high school and that one of her school friends, Bella Swan, was married to Dr. Cullen’s son Edward, but didn’t survive their honeymoon. What’s more she is certain that Dr. Cullen and his entire family are evil.

The next morning Eleyne is awakened by a call informing her that her beloved grandmother has passed away.

As the mystery unfolds she travels to Forks to see if she can find out anything regarding Bella Swan’s death. Other vampires hear she is asking about the Cullens and one comes to check her out.

This is a terrific story. It’s still a WIP and updates rather sporadically but it’s well worth the wait between chapters.



Silent Embers can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11328702/1/Silent-Embers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I hope you check out the stories I’ve brought to you this week. I hope you like them a lot. They’re fantastic and I think I’m just going to go ahead and read Elemental again, now.

If you need me, I’ll be holed up in my group lounge, wielding my banhammer. I got it from this guy. . .

Image result for banhammer animated gif

Until next week, I have been your friendly, neighborhood, crack. . . er, fic pusher.

Image result for drug pusher animated gif




4 comments:

  1. Great post. I don't think I've ever read Blackbird, so thanks for that link. Love the others you mentioned. Another goodie that just updated is The Broomstick Train. Scary, witchy story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackbird was in the most recent Twilight Tricks and Treats contest that just had the winners announced on Sunday. After I satisfy my obsession with Elemental again, I might start The Broomstick Train. I'll have to see what strikes my fancy then. :-)

      Delete