Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Guess What?

Image result for guess what? animated gif

Betcha can't guess!

Image result for what? animated gif

At the end of this week's blog, there's a spoiler for Perdition by MeteorOnAMoonlessNight! 


Image result for but wait there's more animated gif


Remember last week when I said I wanted to read Cullenary Coupling and needed someone else to give the recs this week?

Image result for I got one  gif


Isn't that awesome?

Image result for winner winner chicken dinner animated gif



She totally took one for the team.



Dang, that looked painful.

Image result for that looked painful animated gif


Anyway...

Do you want to know who the superhero taking over my blog this week is?

Image result for tell me animated gif


Okay! Okay! Chillax, even!

Image result for calm down animated gif

The wonderful person who swooped in and saved the day is...

Image result for iron man animated gif

Kidding... I'm totally kidding...

Image result for I'm kidding animated gif


For realz, tho...

This week's guest star is the wonderful Kim Roland-Edwards, aka Kimmie 45 on fanfiction.net.


Without further ado, I give you Kim's recs!

Image result for applause animated gif



I’m filling in for BeLynda this week and it’s a pleasure to recommend a few stories to you. I love spreading the love. As with many of you who have been in the fandom for a while or who have read tons of fics, you become a little picky in what you choose to read. Well, I do. I know many who read most anything and most everything. I’m an all up E/B girl.


I have two Vampwards and one all human story for you.
I’ve recced this story several times and posted each update in my group, Who’s Who in the Twilight Fandom. (You like how I just pimped out my group?)

Anyway, the first story is Derivation by cupcakeriot. She writes incredible supernatural/science fic stories. Derivation just completed today, Monday, and I haven’t read it yet because I know it will take me a while, the chapters are so long.


Basically, it’s a retelling of Twilight. WAIT!! It’s not what you think!! This is so different. The plot is so original. I have never read anything like it.

The Volturi, Aro mainly, are actually good in this. We see a totally different side of him.


The story begins with Aro wanting to give his wife, Sulpicia, what any female vampire wants; a child. In doing this, as you know from the books and movies, the male has to have sex with a human female. Yes, he was successful, but he had no intention of saving the females, but you have to remember this was several years, a very long time before Bella was born. He has a gifted vampire that absorbs powers from other vamps. He wanted an heir to inherit his gift. So, when the first child was born, the gifted vamp absorbed Aro’s gift and transferred it to the baby, but it would be generations before the gift would come to be and that leads us to Bella. I’m not going to spoil any more on that front or Charlie. I will say that Bella is different in this story. She is human, but she also has vampire blood in her and the author has really created a fantastic character out of Bella. Her Edward is different, too. She has taken some things from the books that really didn’t make sense and changed them up. Bella actually respects Edward and his old fashioned ways and he respects Bella and lets her make her own decisions. They are the perfect balance of each other.


derivation

By: cupcakeriot (noun) derivation. The obtaining of something from a source or origin. “All it takes is a touch,” Bella says - and that is how she reveals there is more to her than meets the eye. Little did she realize that she also had a derivative, one that she could scarcely predict. A Twilight re-telling.  


Image may contain: one or more people, closeup and text

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12376142/1/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My second rec is one that just completed. A Deep Slow Panic by myonlyheroin.


This is also all vamp. It’s a short, fast read. I’m an angst wimp, and while there were moments of hurt, it wasn’t bad at all. So, I say from one angst wimp to another, you can handle this story.


Edward left Bella and it had been two years. What Edward didn’t know, was that Bella wasn’t going to let him go. She didn’t stay in the forest after he said goodbye; she went straight to the Cullen home. She searched for Edward for two years to bring him home. And that’s where I’m going to leave it because this story isn’t long and it’s a fast read, I don’t want to give too much away. This has a much more mature Bella, she’s 20 now, and Edward who has been given a second chance with her, so he wants to do things differently. It’s realizing what you had and that you need to change things to make this second chance better.


A Deep Slow Panic


By: myonlyheroin

NM AU--It has been two years since I left her behind. Two years to the exact date. My chest rises and falls in fast succession as her heart beat thundered against my ears. She’s here, I’m here and dark anxiousness sets in. Will this be our final undoing?


https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10607918/1/A-Deep-Slow-Panic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My last rec is an all human story that was originally a one shot for the P.S. I Love You contest, expanded to 21 chapters and is complete.


Remember above, when I said the more you read, you tend to get picky about genres, plots, couples…? Well, I’m not too fond of reading an Olderward. Sure, I don’t mind reading a 5 or 10 year difference in age, but Edward has to be the one older. I don’t read Olderellas. This story was an exception to the rule. A much older Edward, but LAWD, so hot, and old fashioned, and such a gentleman, and loves is Bella. And Bella, one that we don’t see much of. So sweet, and independent, but also allows Edward to spoil her. Both characters are snarky, adorable (Edward) and funny.


bornonhalloween broke my rules, sucked me into this story from the first chapter, and I waited patiently (not) for each update and probably drove her crazy on FB. Another story I constantly rec’ed and posted updates which were frequent. I’m so thrilled, ecstatic, excited that I wasn’t the only one who threatened, begged, pleaded and asked for outtakes to this story because there is still so much to tell of these two characters. Sooo… she’s writing a sequel!!! (squeals) Yes! A sequel. I’m waiting patiently (not) for it to update.


Old School


By: bornonhalloween


He’s old school, and I think I like it! 2nd Place Judges’ and Public Votes, P.S. I LOVE YOU CONTEST.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for guest reccing this week, Kim. You really saved my bacon.

Image result for you saved my bacon animated gif

Phew!!! Okay, on to that spoiler/teaser for Perdition by MeteorOnAMoonlessNight. All I can say about that story is that by the end of it, I hope that the people who are messing with Bella will...

Image result for hope you like this animated gif

This story is so good, y'all. I can't even. So, without further ado...here's a little something from Perdition. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Speaking of the police, have you spoken to your dad?” Angela asks.

“I haven't. He got me involved in this four years ago, and brought me back into it last month.”

“Do you… do you know what he said about you when you left? I'm starting to wonder if it was a lie, now that I've spent time with you.” I try to read the emotion in her dark eyes, but I'm coming up with nothing.

“I know that it was leaked that I testified, despite it supposedly being a closed hearing. I know that what I did was wrong, but I didn't have a choice.”

“Well, he, uh, he said you set Emmett up to take the fall. He said you were only with Edward to get to Emmett.” I gasp loudly, clapping my hand over my mouth. “That you were jealous of Rosalie and wanted to punish them both, putting him in a position to lose her.”

Tears leak from under my closed eyelids, my fingers trembling over my mouth. “My own father,” I croak, grasping blindly for my napkin.

“I'm sorry, Bella. I thought he was telling the truth, all these years. Everyone thinks so, it explains you breaking up with Edward and ditching town.”

“But how does he explain Emmett still being in jail if I lied and he knows it? Why doesn't he just say it wasn't true and get him out?”

“He said that he tried, but Emmett was caught in the stolen car. He said it was your doing, that you set him up to steal the car for you.”

“That makes no sense, Angela. First, I was never interested in Emmett. I was happy for him when he and Rosalie eloped, even though Edward was worried about her. I-I did turn Emmett in. I called the sheriff”s office and told them I'd seen him driving the car. But not for any of those reasons. For the same reasons I left, and broke Edward, and I'm now doing what I'm doing.”

She lowers her gaze, and I watch a blush creep up her face. “I believed him. He's our police chief, and I thought he was an honest man. I'm understanding now that I was wrong, but you have to tell Edward. You see, he still believes Charlie. He'll never stop hating you if you don't explain.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, that's it for this week, all you cats and kittens. Come back next week and I'll show you a new trick!
Image result for stupid human tricks animated gif

Oh, who am I kidding? I am a sloth. I don't even know what that thing he's rolling on is.
Image result for jabba the hutt animated gif

15 comments:

  1. Man, I thought you got Rhodey to save the day! How is your reading going, since the fic is the length of the Iliad and the Odyssey.

    Great job, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhodey totally saved the day!

      I'm not even half way through. I'm currently reading chapter 39 of 82.

      Delete
    2. There's no hope for the rest of us if it's taken you a week to be almost half way through. You read faster than anybody I know!

      Delete
    3. To be fair, I did spend most of 2 days binge watching something on youtube.

      Delete
  2. Kim, you did a great job! I can hardly wait to read Derivation by cupcakeriot and A Deep Slow Panic by myonlyheroin now that they're complete!

    Old School... *fans self* My OH my...that one is wonderful! I can't wait for the sequel! How wonderful! Thank you, BOH!!

    I look forward to Perdition by MeteorOnAMoonlessNight completing, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. If you love vamps stories, you'll love these. Trust.

      Delete
  3. Great job Kim. Read the first two recs, excellent choices, and am going to read Old School. Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this week's blog!!!
    What an awesome guest, recommendations and spoiler.
    Thank you ladies for a job well done.

    Kim, I'm already reading Derivation and I totally agree, the chapters are indeed long. It have been trying for almost two weeks to finish reading chapter 10 and she today she posted chapter 18. I'm very behind.
    A Deep Slow Panic and Old School Have piqued my interest, I will definitely check them out soon.

    Great spoiler Lara. Charlie has been a bad boy. Poor Emmett. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Sara! I'm glad you're liking Devriation. She's updating outtakes everyday day or every other day. She's a machine. You'll have time to finish. You must check out the other 2. Very good fics and I can't wait until Old School's sequel starts.

      Delete
    4. I tripled posted my comment. Oops. Had to delete them.

      Delete